You are all cordially invited to the Manchester launch of THE SECRET TO NOT DROWNING by Colette Snowden at CHAPTER ONE BOOKS on Lever Street, the fabulous new bookshop in the Northern Quarter on Thursday 17th September between 7 - 9pm. There will be fine words, coffee, cake and a glass of somethng too. Look forward to seeing you there.
Bluemoose Books will be celebrating Independent Booksellers Week 20th - 27th June by joining forces with The Bookcase in Hebden Bridge for the duration of IBW. There will be a series of events in which Bluemoose authors, editors and publishers will be working alongside Kate and her colleagues in the bookshop, answering questions on writing, publishing and editing plus on Thursday 25th June at 7pm we will be launching the next Bluemoose book, THE SECRET TO NOT DROWNING by Colette Snowden.
Here's the itineray:
- Saturday 20th between 2-5pm, award winning author Michael Stewart will be in store to field any questions on writing.
- Monday 22nd June, 2-5pm - Publisher, Kevin Duffy will be in the bookshop where you can ask him what Bluemoose looks for in a submission or anything else you fancy about publishing and the book trade.
- Tuesday 23rd June, 7-9pm - You can book your 20 minute slots and ask advice from our editorial team. Not to be missed.
- Thursday 25th June, 7pm - The launch of THE SECRET TO NOT DROWNING by Colette Snowden - a wee tincture will be served.
- Friday 26th June, Award winning author Benjamin Myers will be in the bookshop writing a short story.
- Saturday 27th June, 2-5pm - Local author Anna Turner will be in store talking to customers about writing and how to get published.
Please do support your local Independent bookseller, without their presence on our high sreets and their dedication in presenting something different to the corporate and chain booksellers, our reading experiences are diminished.
Bluemoose author Mark A Radcliffe will be appearing at the SICK! Festival this Sunday, 22nd March. He will be on the panel discussing mental illness and fiction. It starts at 3pm at The Anthony Burgess Manchester.
Bluemoose is launching the second novel from award winning author Michael Stewart at Waterstones Bradford, 6pm Thursday 19th March. It is probably the finest bookshop in the UK, stunning architecture and a great place to have a coffee and read. Michael will be reading from his novel and then taking questions about CAFE ASSASSIN.
Ian, the manager at Waterstones is doing a wonderful deal. You can buy a coffee, a slice of cake and a copy of Michael's book, for £10. Now, you can't get that online can you? Books, cake, coffee and chat. Brilliant.
We will be publishing CAFE ASSASSIN by award winning author Michael Stewart on March 15th 2015. There will be cake and there will be a host of library events and bookshop signings. Michael's debut KING CROW won several awards including The Guardian's 2011 NOT THE BOOKER. It was also a WORLD BOOK NIGHT recommended read 2012 and READ REGIONAL winner too.
I love publication day, so much so that I’ve had a new haircut…
Today we publish BLACK NEON by Tony O’Neill and it is a ripsnorter of a read. When Irvine Welsh, says that he
…fell in love with every page you have to sit up and take note. It’s a crime novel, neo noir and is utterly brilliant. I’m biased, I know, but when you see what else is out there at the minute, BLACK NEON will blow yours and Santa’s socks off. We love it so much we’re flying Tony over from New York and he’s embarking on a two week book tour so you can all meet him and have a chat. So, if you’re in or around the locations below, do pop in. It is a bit of a rite of passage too because although we’ve held one launch in London, we’ve never managed to have one at the Piccadilly, Waterstones HQ. I like to think it’s happened this time because of the fantastic books we’ve already published. I’m sure it means that those people in the big choosing rooms are beginning to see what wonderful books we publish.
- 18th November at the Looking Glass bookshop in Edinburgh @ 7pm in conversation with award winning author, Jenni Fagan
- 23rd November at Macphelah Mill in Hebden Bridge from 5pm. There will be music from the Inkfolk people and a reading from Tony.
- 25th November at Blackwell Bookshop, Manchester @7pm together with Bad language. Tony will be reading and doing a Q&A.
- 27th November at Waterstones Piccadilly London @7pm. A reading and signing.
The Arts Council Fiction Group featured publisher for November is Comma Press and their chosen title is Beta Life: Stories from an A–Life Future, edited by M. Amos and R. Page.
Thank you for supporting Independent publishing.
Tony O'Neill will be talking and discussing his new book BLACK NEON with award winning author Jenni Fagan at Looking Glass Bookshop in Edinburgh on Tuesday November 18th. The event is part of the University of Edinburgh's Guest Writers Series.
More details about the event can be found in this flyer.
After the talk Tony will travel to Hebden Bridge, Manchester and London: